Sunday, March 12, 2006

My Opening Farewell

As I re-read my last post, I realized that I had pretty well covered much of what I was going to say today. So all I would add is that as I think back, much of this blog for the last two months has been about my penis. Going forward issues of sexual orientation, its impact on my and KA’s life, the genesis of my feelings, and related issues will all be on the table. The difference is that while my dick will continue to be in the car, I will attempt to let my head drive for a spell. Easier said than done, but a good goal nonetheless.

There is an old Yiddish saying my father, and his father before him used to quote:
When the putz staitz,
The saychel gaitz.
Literally translated, when the penis stands, the common sense walks.

It’s amazing how the basic truths never really change.

I remain honored and humbled that people have taken this journey with me over the last few months. I did not start this blog as a way to “meet” people and make friends, but I have and I thank you. So I will end this post and start a new one because I still have much to say and hopefully my therapy in writing will help someone as much as all your writings have helped me.

(After I posted the above, I looked at my updated blog - a silly habit I admit - and I re-read my banner. I am amazed to see that the "mission" stated the day I started, with no idea of where it would all lead, has been, and continues to be, realized.)

1 comment:

Anthony said...

A phenominal post. I am honored and humbled to be a party to your sharing.

So much truth in it , even if I don't like to admit my penis is governing my thoughts at any given time.

Thank you. I so apreciate that it is not such a lonely road we all seem to be walking.